The normal hours are:
Monday 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. – Noon(If Monday is a holiday, the Monday hours are held on Tuesday)
You are expected to take your recyclables to the center as we do not provide curbside pick up.Please see the Oconto County Recycling Guide for details on what can be recycled & how to prepare the items. The Guide also provides information about items that are not accepted at our recycle center but that may be taken to the Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) located at 153 Evergreen Rd in the City of Oconto.
Trash & Recycling Pickup
Tuesday is the normal garbage collection day. Trash must be at the curb by 8:00 a.m. Please do not place it there more than 24 hours prior to this time.Special, clear Village trash bags must be used and can be purchased at Village Hall for $1.25 per bag. These special garbage bags come in rolls of 25, but may be purchased in smaller amounts upon request.
Recyclable materials are not to be put in these garbage bags. You are expected to take your recyclables to our Recycle Center. If your garbage bags contain too much recyclable material we may have to tag it and not pick it up, as we have rules to follow at the landfill concerning which items we may dispose of.
Special collections may be made for items that are too large to fit into garbage bags. You may pay $5 per item at Village Hall for each item you need picked up. Please see the Recycle Center information regarding electronics, tires, & appliances.
Brush Chipping Policy
The village of Lena chips brush on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month.
- The village of Lena will chip brush free of charge for the first 1/2 hour. After the first 1/2 hour there will be a charged of $25.00 per 1/2 hour per resident.
- All brush must be piled in an orderly fashion with all cut ends facing the street or alley.
- Branches may not be any larger than 5′ in diameter and the brush piles may not be any higher than 4 ft. or wider than 5 ft.
- If a contractor trims branches or removes trees on your property it is the contractor’s responsibility to dispose of such branches and trees.
- Branches may not be brought to the compost pit. Branches must be placed at the street or alley for the village to chip.
- If any resident does not follow the above stated policy the village will not chip the brush at that residence and the owner will be notified why.
Thank you for your cooperation.